As most of you know I am a big fan of anything Japanese. The clothes, lifestyle, the culture and of course the FOOD. I am sure you will agree that Japanese cuisine is not only delicious but also beautiful.
So today I tried to do my own version of Sushi.
What You Need:
- SUSHI KIT (its cheaper than buying separate ingredients) The kit is good for 2 people but I you have guest coming I suggest buy your sushi rice, Nori (seaweed paper), Rice Vinegar, Sushi bamboo for rolling.
- Crab Sticks
- Smoked Salmon
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- Sesame Seed
1. Wash sushi rice 3 to 4 times then add water and boil for 20 minutes. The ratio is 250g of rice to 330ml water. Then Fluff rice and add salt and rice vinegar then fold.
2. Combine 4 tbsp of mayonnaise, 1 tbsp mustard, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tbsp sugar and a pinch of salt. This will be your Japanese Mayonnaise (kewpie).
3. Diced crab sticks and add 2 tbsp of your japanese mayo mixture.
4. Place Nori on top of the bamboo roller then top with rice spreading it over the nori, making sure you leave 1 inch free on the top and bottom.
5. Spread the crab mixture, then add slice of avocado and cucumber.
6. Then roll the sushi away from you, lice rolling a swiss roll. Make sure that you roll and tuck first then roll the rest of the sushi to secure it.
7. WIth a sharp knife dipped in hot water slice the edges to clean it off then slice in the middle into half then quarters. You can get 8 sushi per roll.
Some Variations are:
1. Use smoked salmon and scrambled egg.
2. Or Place rice on top of the nori then add toasted sesame seeds. Turn the nori over onto the bamboo roller lined with cling film. Then add the fillings on the nori then roll. So basically you have the rice as the exterior and the Nori as the interior.
3. Or some hand roll, Cut nori into 2 then in the edge place enough rice then the filling and spread with your japanese mayo then roll into cone like shape. (you do not need the bamboo roller for this one) then secure with a bit of rice.
Best served with soy sauce and wasabi.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- dorkybella reblogged this from iamfoodiedoodie
- dorkybella likes this
- kastr0phy likes this
- angelhush21 reblogged this from iamfoodiedoodie
- jellybeansheartache likes this
- cokedoublezero likes this
- ayesam likes this
- miss-solodolo314 likes this
- nebu-lush likes this
- maitanestuff likes this
- carmenlopezbarge likes this
- artisbeautie likes this
- beapart-of-the-love-club likes this
- demotivatedsuccess likes this
- xenavandavalainnn reblogged this from undefined-beauty-
- undefined-beauty- reblogged this from fortheloveofsushi
- likeauhbossdontchathink reblogged this from fortheloveofsushi
- likeauhbossdontchathink likes this
- crochet-hustlin reblogged this from fortheloveofsushi
- crochet-hustlin likes this
- littledolphin2505 likes this
- sinedsnake likes this
- katherineerose likes this
- midnight-leidolf likes this
- ulvenheks reblogged this from fortheloveofsushi
- awesomesques likes this
- goodzilla69 reblogged this from iamfoodiedoodie
- goodzilla69 likes this
- matria95 likes this
- aileenvader reblogged this from fortheloveofsushi
- jellypuffs reblogged this from fortheloveofsushi
- jellypuffs likes this
- fearidescentarchives likes this
- monstruoleya likes this
- twentysomethingandrestless reblogged this from fortheloveofsushi
- angelounette likes this
- somethingsweet17 likes this
- themusicandthemisery reblogged this from fortheloveofsushi
- allye-cat-draws reblogged this from fortheloveofsushi
- vicrosew reblogged this from fortheloveofsushi
- vicrosew likes this
- sandybunnychibi reblogged this from fortheloveofsushi
- sandybunnychibi likes this
- baerineul9095 reblogged this from fortheloveofsushi
- baerineul9095 likes this
- thegoonery likes this
- misswiseguy22 reblogged this from fortheloveofsushi
- misswiseguy22 likes this
- badvoice likes this